Our charitable nonprofit became a reality through the vision of Scottsdale Leadership and the flagship community-wide Project Lead it Forward program. When our team, The Victim Next Door, was faced with choosing what charitable need to support, we quickly identified the Forensic Nurse Examiners Unit. Each dollar goes directly to provide the critical support services that helps our nurses collect the evidence needed to help a domestic (man, woman or child) violence victim keep their voice strong. Since its founding in1999, Scottsdale Healthcare has integrated forensic nurses into the healthcare system, proudly becoming a national leader in forensic nursing. The Forensic Nurse Examiner Unit provides personalized comprehensive care to patients who are victims of interpersonal violence, such as sexual assault, domestic violence, child abuse and elder abuse. Scottsdale Forensic Nurses are a specially trained unit of 26 nurses, each of whom has undergone more than 100 hours of specialized training. This dedicated team is on call 24/7, providing immediate medical forensic exams across Maricopa County to victim patients of interpersonal violence. Let’s keep their voice echoing loudly while giving support in their most vulnerable time of first action…Reporting the crime.
What does your donation support?
- Supports forensic sexual assault nurses in conducting accurate and timely medical-forensic examinations and providing appropriate medical treatment; Food
- Ensures detailed forensic electronic medical records (FEMR) are maintained, rapidly retrieved and forwarded to the county health department; Medical supplies and aid
- Ensures specialized services are available for our most vulnerable youth – young victims of sexual exploitation; Job creation and opportunities
- Provides emergency assistance to patients by providing prophylactic medication for sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy, clothing, referrals and resources for housing, CPS assistance, drug abuse, etc.;
- Provides testimony in Superior Court that assists prosecution in preventing the practice of sexual assault, minor sex trafficking and sexual exploitation.